The course is conducted by distance learning, so you can study from home or anywhere in the world. The course is delivered to you over your choice of 12 or 24 weeks. It is entirely self-paced, and you can take up to 2 years to complete the course.
Work directly with an established and current professional in the travel writing industry, a travel journalist with a proven record of success who will teach you all you need to know.
This course will give you the opportunity to learn the skills required to be a successful travel writer from the comfort of your own home, or from anywhere in the world. It provides you with the opportunity to generate an income from doing something you love: travelling!
The Ultimate Travel Journalism Course
The Ultimate Travel Journalism Course is your ticket to travel writing success.
Conducted entirely online and delivered to you over your choice of 12 or 24 weeks, you can study at your own pace and take up to 2 years to complete your course.
Covering the A-Z of all you need to know to become a successful travel writer, this freelance travel journalism course will provide you with the information you need to develop your skills to ensure your success by teaching you exactly how to go about it.
You will be working directly with an established and current professional in the travel writing industry, a travel journalist with a proven record of success. They will teach you all you need to know to start building your travel writing career.
Learn what it takes to be a freelance travel journalist, with no due dates and the support of your specially assigned tutor and a team of student services coordinators who are always happy to help with any questions you may have.
Professional & Personal Development
12 or 24 weeks (take up to 2 years)
Morris Journalism Academy
The Morris Journalism Academy is a division of Australian News And Features Service. Our directors and principals have been involved in all aspects of media work for some 30 years. The principles of freelance travel journalism are similar the world over. However this freelance travel journalism course has been individually revised and designed to suit the needs of students living and working in Australia and New Zealand.
We are part of an international media-training organisation – the International News Syndicate LTD., with students in more than 80 countries and territories.
Your Certificate of Completion and your International News Syndicate Media Pass are posted to you when you successfully complete your course.
The Ultimate Travel Journalism Course is a structured training program.
Why do a Course in Travel Journalism and Writing?
5 good reasons to do this course.
- You will be tutored by a current industry professional. You will benefit from decades of industry knowledge and experience.
- This is a rapidly growing, global industry. There are an enormous number of publishers, editors, magazines, websites and blogs that all need quality content.
- You will learn the fundamentals of good journalism and writing. Most importantly you will learn how to apply these fundamentals in both print and digital formats.
- You can learn at your own pace so that the course fits around your current commitments. You can complete the course in as little as 12 weeks or take up to 24 months.
- On completion of the course you will receive your Certificate of Completion, most importantly you will be industry ready.
Request the Ultimate Travel Journalism Course Guide & Pricing Information
Images courtesy of multi-award-winning travel writer, photographer and broadcaster Daniel Scott.